The practice of modern project management in organizations contemplates the extensive area of Contract Administration, which requires the development of skills, personal abilities, techniques, and knowledge appropriate to the current context.
Contract Administration and Management carried out efficiently and professionally can considerably reduce project costs and deadlines, which will be reflected in a better economic result for the organization.
With the Contract Administration Course, you will obtain a basic understanding of the legal scope of the Contract, to identify the stages that make up the Contract Administration process and distinguish the functions associated with each of them.
Learn about the different types of contracts and contracting strategies, as well as the main difficulties and risks associated with contract management, to identify, prevent, and/or resolve claims.
Through the development of cases, they understand and integrate the acquired knowledge of contract administration, as well as knowing how to recognize the main differences and controversies that arise in Contracts.
The course is intended for project managers, construction managers, construction coordinators, purchasing managers, project planners, contract managers, engineers, architects, building inspectors, and engineering assistants.
In a broader spectrum, we understand that this Contract administration course will also be of interest to anyone who, in one way or another, is linked to the construction industry. Be it as an independent professional, developer, member of construction companies, engineering consultants, of project management, or in engineering and project departments of institutions and public or private organizations that are in charge of contracting and managing works and services.
Knowledge and Experience:
It has no requirements, but knowledge and experience in the areas of project management and construction will be valued.
The modality is mediated by technologies through the virtual campus. The activities to be carried out will be:
– Weekly discussion forums proposed by the teacher (one forum per unit).
– Consult the teacher through e-mail or chat.
– Dictation of classes in real-time.
– Weekly reading material and by the thematic unit.
– Individual and/or group activities of weekly practical application and by the thematic unit.
– Weekly evaluations and by the thematic unit based on practical works of application of the acquired knowledge.
The participant will learn to:
– Understand the importance of the work location contract, as an instrument to assign risks and responsibilities. Know its essential clauses and learn to apply them, both in the prevention and resolution of conflicts.
– Obtain a basic knowledge regarding the legal scope of the Contract, to identify the stages that make up the Contract Administration process and distinguish the functions associated with each of them.
– Know the different types of contracts and contracting strategies, as well as the main difficulties and risks associated with contract management, to identify, prevent and/or resolve claims.
– Through the development of cases, they understand and integrate the knowledge acquired in contract administration, as well as know-how to recognize the main differences and controversies that arise during the execution of work contracts.